Last week's headlines on politics, religion and culture
1. Kim Davis: Christian Leaders Weigh In (Breakpoint)
Many Christians, even conservatives, do not support Kim Davis’ actions this past week. Breakpoint has a great roundup of conservative Christians’ responses to the case—Karen Swallow Prior’s and Eric Teetsel’s are particularly worthwhile.
2. "Workplaces Make Terrible Monasteries" (Patheos: Unequally Yoked)
Commenting on the Amazon expose, Leah Libresco writes on how a lot of companies, especially ones with lofty missions, have a "weird, cultural license to be totalizing" in their complete demands over your life. A terrible version of a monastery, in other words.
3. Activists in Iran Pen Open Letter to the US (Politico)
More than 50 Iranian dissidents, political reformers, and civil activists have written a letter urging Congress to support the Iran nuclear deal.
4. Guess which countries are taking in Syrian refugees? (Business Insider)
Israel, Germany and Lebanon are spotlighted -- and not for the same reasons.
5. Trump & the Evangelical Vote
Jonathan Merritt and Kirsten Powers both have critical pieces out analyzing why Donald Trump is exerting a greater sway over evangelicals.
Sign up here to subscribe to this weekly newsletter.